Tuesday, June 09, 2009

I Cant Believe - This One is Mine!

I want to introduce you to my very own piece of Ardmore Ceramic Ware! I was so keen to visit this studio-with-a-story a few weeks ago. And then my husband completely surprised me and offered to buy me this! I felt nervous - it didn't come cheap and my home is mostly adorned with very precious junk and vintage finds - what if it chipped or broke?
We risked it - and it is very happily at home here now. The whole experience was so heartwarming. If at all possible visit the studio yourself on the farm in the Drakensbergor their exhibition at South Africa House in London, which opens today and runs until the 12th June!
In the meantime browse Neville Trickett's flickr set of Ardmore Ceramics and enjoy!

6 comments:

Estelle said...

What a star your hubby is! It's so colourful and sunny (-:
(My word verification is ourain - our rain - so true today!)

kendalee said...

Gorgeous! What a treasure - both the Ardmore and the hubby :)

Di Overton said...

Stunning!

Anairam said...

Oh, lovely! (Good husband!!) It really looks delicate - I understand your anxiety - but I must say, unless you have toddlers in your house on a permanent basis, or some very bouncy dogs, it will probably be quite safe. PS Thanks for the nice words about my patchwork - I am quite proud for finishing it too!

Wildflower Studio (Michelle Dransart) said...

lovely! and sweet of your guy! :)

Tommy Bahama Bedding said...

Your hubby's so sweet :) I really like the pieces you chose.